Thursday, November 25, 2010

20 November to 23 November 2010: KYOTO

It was a 4 days trip to Kyoto, very short and couldn't visit all the places I wanted to go and didn't have time to do much shopping there. Kyoto is a big city compared to Oita. It's very crowded cos of the holiday and everyone is rushing there to see the beautiful red autumn leaves. Overall, it was still a good trip!

Day 1 (20 November 2010)

 奈良 。NARA

We left a Singapore deer in NARA...

Free to roam deers


Trying hard to get its attention...


Walked a long way to see the big Buddha

东大寺 。 Todaiji Temple

KIBUNE MOMIJI TOUROU 
Kibune Lanterns and Coloured Leaves Illumination

Took a train to look at the
illumination of red autumn leaves at Kibune

Day 2 (21 November 2010)

东寺 。TOJI TEMPLE FLEA MARKET

Toji Temple flea market is only held once a month on the 21st. It is an interesting place with many delicious food stalls. It also sells vegetables, crafts and clothings.

The entrance to the temple

The temple
The bustling flea market

嵐山 。ARASHIYAMA

竹林

Another temple

Nice restaurant that we ate in, BUT
NO photography allowed in the restaurant

Dessert after dinner: Waffle with ice-cream

Roll cakes (Matcha and Vanilla) and Chocolate cake


Stay tune for Day 3... I'm a little busy... suppose to study Jap and mark some work, and I haven't done any... so I have to priortise and do those 1st... Will update once I'm free...

1 comment: