In Japan, the school year starts in April. It is coming to the end of the school year soon. With a new school year, some teachers will be transferred to other schools, and new teachers will be coming in. Usually, teachers will stay in a school for about 5 to 7 years. After that, they would move to another school in the same prefecture. There are advantages and disadvantages to this system. Advantages would be that there is always a change for the teachers and students. Teachers will get to change their working environment. However, transfer to a new place would mean looking for an apartment, shifting their furnitures, getting use to the new school and living away from your family. I find it rather inconvenient, esp for teachers who have kids. Furthermore, the teachers will only know about their transfer at the end of March, probably only given 2 weeks to move and settle down in the new town. I heard that there are some teachers in my high schools who have been working for the schools for more than 5 years and they may be transferred out. It's a little sad. I have gotten to know the teachers more and now they are moving to a new school. I hope the new teachers will be nice too!
No comments:
Post a Comment